The Never Been Project Contest Rules
SALTWATER WOODY “THE NEVER BEEN PROJECT” CONTEST
The Never Been Project from PriceWeber Videos on Vimeo.
Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OF ALCOHOL BEVERAGE IS NOT REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Saltwater Woody “The Never Been Project” Contest (“Contest”) begins at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 17, 2022, and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on May 29, 2022 (“Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States of America who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, regulation, rule, or otherwise. Employees, officers and directors of Saltwater Woody (“Sponsor”), its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies (aforementioned individuals and organizations collectively, “Contest Entities”), alcoholic beverage wholesalers and retailers, and the immediate family members (spouses and siblings, children and parents and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. Sponsor’s determinations of eligibility are final and may be made at any time. No Substitution permitted.
TO ENTER: To prepare to participate in the Contest:
(1) sign into your Facebook account or, if you are not already a member, become a member of Facebook.com and sign into your Facebook account;
(2) “Like” the Saltwater Woody page on Facebook http://facebook.com/saltwaterwoody/).
(3) Then during the contest period post your entry in a comment on the corresponding Saltwater Woody brand Facebook post.
Your Comment/Entry should include:
A nomination of someone who has never been to the ocean and why that person deserves to go.
All Entries submitted must follow the story guidelines listed here:
- The person nominated may be either yourself or another person.
- Both the person nominating and being nominated have to be over the age of 21
- No nomination shall feature swear words.
- No nomination to feature any reference to drugs.
- Any nomination submitted is your original work or one to which you have ownership rights/copyright.
- Finalist nomination will best represent “The Never Been Project”.
- Finalist story/nomination must be of a living person.
Limit one (1) entry per person/Facebook account. Participation in the Contest constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Entries and other submitted material become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Late entries will be void and ineligible. Purported proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of entry. By participating, each entrant warrants and represents that all personal information associated with his/her participation (including but not limited to the date of birth associated with such participant’s Facebook account) is truthful, current and accurate, and is his/her own information. Entry information becomes the exclusive property of Sponsor upon submission. Entries that are deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be immoral, obscene, profane or not in keeping with Sponsor's image will be disqualified, and associated posts or messages will be deleted from the Saltwater Woody page on Facebook. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated maximum number of entries by using multiple/different Facebook accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, may void all of that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entries which are incomplete or do not conform to all requirements will be disqualified. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Contest. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her contact information during the Contest. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Facebook account is registered at the time of entry. Potential winner may be required to provide evidence that winner is the authorized account holder of the Facebook account associated with the winning entry. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the person who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
- PRIZE DESCRIPTION/ODDS: At the end of the Contest Period on May 29, 2022, a total of four (4) winners will be selected by a panel of judges selected by Saltwater Woody. The entries will be judged according to the following criteria: Representation of the Theme and Quality of story/nomination. Prize consists of airfare and accommodations to Hilton Head, SC, to be featured in Saltwater Woody’s “The Never Been Project” documentary series. Approximate retail value of the prize is $1,711.12 Total amount of all prizes is $6,844.48. Winner must be of legal drinking age and will be required to provide legal identification and complete other document prior to award. Sponsor or an independent judging organization will judge on the date identified. Limit one (1) prize per entrant. Beverage alcohol is not part of any prize. See Section 5 below for winner notification details and additional prize restrictions. Unclaimed prize may not be awarded. All decisions of the judges for this promotion shall be final.
WINNER NOTIFICATION/VERIFICATION/ADDITIONAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Between May 17, 2022, and May 29, 2022, four potential prize winners will be notified. The potential winners will be notified by direct message on Facebook to obtain his/her complete contact information, and to verify his/her eligibility and ability to accept the prize. Any such message will instruct the potential winner to reply as instructed within three (3) full business days (measured in the local time zone) after the time that the notification message was left. Potential winner must reply as instructed within such three (3) full business day period, or he/she will be disqualified. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, potential winner may only be notified one time as set forth above for attempted prize notification. At Sponsor’s sole discretion, potential winner may be required to complete a notarized affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned, along with a copy of potential winner’s government-issued photo identification as proof of age, within the time period specified in potential winner’s notification letter. Proof of identity, age, and legal residence may be required to claim a prize. Any winner or potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion if: (a) he/she fails to reply as instructed within the required time period; (b) he/she deactivates his/her Facebook account prior to receipt of notification; (d) he/she fails to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (e) he/she fails to complete and return any required documents by the date specified in his/her notification message/letter; (f) if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or (g) he/she fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules. In the event of disqualification of a winner, at Sponsor’s sole discretion the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected from among the remaining applicable eligible entries via the means of winner determination described herein with timelines reduced at Sponsor’s discretion, pending verification of eligibility. If any prize remains unclaimed after six (6) potential winners have been notified for that prize, the prize may remain un-awarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for any incorrect or missing contact information associated with an entry, or any change of contact information after entry submission. Any prize details not specified will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No prize transfer. Unless otherwise specified herein, no prize substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to unavailability, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. All other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein as being awarded are winner’s sole responsibility. Sponsor will not replace any lost, damaged or stolen prizes. Taxes on prizes and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes and not specified are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner may be issued a 1099 tax document. Winner will need to RSVP with Saltwater Woody representative to arrange prize delivery.
CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASE: Potential Winners may be required to provide physical address for official documents relating to prize. Potential Winners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, Affidavit of Ownership of rights in materials submitted (including copyright in all materials), and Publicity Release. If the notarized Affidavits and Release are not returned with 5 days of receipt/notification, the winner may have waived any claim to the prize and an alternate winner may be selected. The return of the affidavits/release of liability within the allotted time shall be solely the responsibility of the winner; Saltwater Woody is not responsible for delays in delivery. Saltwater Woody reserves the right to edit and to publish all materials received whether or not entrant receives a prize. By entering this Contest, all entrants warrant and represent ownership of rights in story and materials submitted. Winner releases Saltwater Woody from all liability regarding prize awarded. Entry constitutes entrants’ permission to print/post entrants’ names and submission in promotional materials including, but not limited to, the World Wide Web, social network and entrants’ consent to use their names, submissions, photographs, videos and/or voice recordings and likenesses for advertising or publicity purposes, in all media, without compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. By accepting his or her prize, the winner: (a) releases Saltwater Woody and their affiliated companies and licensed alcohol wholesalers and retailers from any all liability claims, action or proceedings arising out of or for injuries or damages sustained while involved in a promotion activity or connection with the use of the prizes; as well as (b) consents to the use by Saltwater Woody and for promotional purposes in connection with this promotion, of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice without further compensation.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS:The Contest Entities, Facebook, and alcoholic beverage wholesalers and retailers, together with the employees, officers, directors, and agents of each (aforementioned individuals and organizations collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible and shall not be liable for: (a) failures or malfunctions of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines or telephone systems or other communications malfunctions; cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless services; (b) interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections including those through and/or by the Website; (c) electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; (d) failed, garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; (e) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, technical, electronic, cellular telephone related or otherwise; (f) traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or wireless phone/handset related to or resulting from participation in this Contest; (g) late, lost, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected entries, messages, or postage-due mail; (h) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; or (i) printing errors in Contest / advertising materials. By entering and participating, entrants agree to: (a) abide by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest; (b) the use of their names, photographs, testimonials or other likeness and/or prize information or personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof) by Sponsor and its designee(s) for promotional, advertising and/or publicity purposes in any media, now or hereafter known throughout the universe in perpetuity, including but not limited to the posting of their names on the Website, without compensation or notice to, or further consent of, to the winner to the extent permitted by law; and (c) to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Contest or their acceptance, use or misuse of any prize awarded in this Contest, including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage. Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion and selection of an alternate winner. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTEST ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH CONTEST ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized web site address. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originate at any unauthorized Internet web site, including, but not limited to, commercial contest subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any potential winner who entered by any of the prohibited methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any web site associated therewith; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Contest, and to select the winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees: (a) that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Kentucky; (b) that any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; (c) to hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (d) to waive any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Kentucky or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering the Contest, entrants agree and consent to Sponsor’s collection, use and retention of their personal information provided in their entries and the publicly accessible information associated with the entrant’s Facebook account at the time of participation, for all purposes related to the Contest (including, without limitation, processing and administering entries, sharing an entrant’s personal information with Sponsor’s service providers and contractors, as necessary to conduct and operate the Contest, communicating with and awarding prizes to winners, making public announcements about winners, and advertising, promoting and publicizing the Contest).
- INDEMNITY: You agree to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Released Parties due to or arising out of your entry, or your conduct in creating an entry or otherwise in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to: claims for trademark infringement; copyright infringement; violation of an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation.
WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of winners (name, city, and state), mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by June 10, 2022, to: Saltwater Woody “The Never Been Project” Contest Winner List, PriceWeber Marketing, 10701 Shelbyville Rd, Louisville, KY 40243.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. The information you provide will only be used as described herein. Please direct any questions to Sailor Spirits, LLC and not to Facebook.